Saturday 12 April 2014

This Is Your Life


        You know that feeling when you’re about to watch an epic film, but your friend has already seen it? They’re dying to tell you the ending, and you’re dying to know, but you both know that it will be so much better if you wait and see it for yourself. Your friend wants you to enjoy it as much as they have, so they refuse to tell you. You know deep down that they’re right, so you sit and watch with excitement levels soaring just waiting to discover the thrilling plot.

That film is your life.

        God knows every move you will ever make, every person you will ever meet, and everywhere you will ever go. He says to you:

“Before I formed you in your mother’s womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart, I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5

“I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.” Isaiah 49:16

“I know the plans I have for you… plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

        He is SO excited about the plans He has for you, but He wants you to enjoy the present moment and wait to discover each step at a time to fully appreciate every phase of your life. In this age of instant gratification we want everything immediately. But that means we rarely appreciate anything because we’re already onto the next thing. 

 
        God doesn’t want that for us. He wants us to savour every day that we spend with him and be excited about every gift that He gives us. He finds no greater pleasure than in seeing His children smile at His creation. It’s so easy to become impatient or anxious when you feel like God is holding something back from you, but the incredible truth is that He isn’t holding back to spite you, He’s holding back to make it even better when you find out what it is!

        Let God work in His own time and the rewards will be so much greater. Allow Him to reveal one thing at a time about His plan and each stage will be far more fulfilling. 

I know what I want, but God knows what I need.  

I have plans, but God has bigger and better ones.

I focus on the plan, when I should focus on the planner.

Remember that the only thing we can be sure of is that God knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment